RRM: Your work out plan?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

RRM: Your work out plan?

Post by fictor »

From what I read you do work out. I used to work out a lot, lifting wheights, running, riding my bike, boxing etc. But on the Wai diet, I do not consume as much proteins as before, and I stopped working out because of fear to not be able to build muscle with so little protein. Also, I was afraid of the possibility that my weight lifting would make my hormones out of whack, resulting in acne.

So, it seems that you manage to work out, build muscle and stay acne free, am I right?

Let me in on your secret, man! :)

From what I gather, you are not a body-builder type, but you say you "shape your body" by doing low resistance weight lifting/exercise.

Can you please share your workout program? What specific exercises do you do? How much weight/resistance? How often? For how long?

Fill me in! :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: RRM: Your work out plan?

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:it seems that you manage to work out, build muscle and stay acne free, am I right?

Let me in on your secret, man! :)
Ok.
A:
I do the diet 100%, coz if i dont, i break out.
I always daily take in the maximum amount of protein that doesnt make me break out just yet (requires experimentation), split over 2 or more meals a day.
I stick to all the rules (inlcuing rest after eating)

B:
I always constantly 'listen to my energy levels'. If i dont, I loose muscle weight rapidly. I always, always, always have sufficient energy at my disposal (OJ with OO and sugar).
I always make sure to sleep enough (not getting enough sleep reduces muscle recovery)

C:
I daily work out, but just a short time, and just one group of muscles a day.
You need to look at your body as if its a sculpture; you need to analyse what group of muscles specifically needs to be enlarged to create a better overall picture. Only these muscles need to be trained.
I have different workouts, targeting subsequently:
1- pecs + front shoulders
2- middle shoulders
3- and 4) back part of the shoulders
5- upper thighs (weightless squads)
6- upper buttocks
7- laterals
8- biceps
9- triceps
10- pull ups

I use as much weight as required to be able do 50 repetitions maximally, which takes only a few minutes. I do only 1 or 2 sets, so that it takes little time in all.
If i dont do these exercises, i get too skinny; not much volume. The exercises give me exactly the body that i want.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

This is a good site to visit for visuals on how to do popular weight bearing exercises: http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/bodyweig ... cises.html

:D
fictor

Post by fictor »

Thanks to you both!

RRM: I do the diet 99% (only exeption; I sometimes have raw butter and some of the more easy digestible vegetables, such as carrot)
I rest, or do only very light activities after ingesting proteins, and I divide the protein meals into 3-5 separate meals. I have a desk jo, so this works for me because I mostly sit still during the day)

What about Yoga? Do you think it will cause testosterone to skyrocket?

Is it important to use weights that are so light that one can do close to 50 reps, or can one use heavier weights?

Do you only train each muscle once a week or less?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:What about Yoga? Do you think it will cause testosterone to skyrocket?
No, i dont see how yoga could have this effect.
Is it important to use weights that are so light that one can do close to 50 reps, or can one use heavier weights?
Sure, you can use heavier weight. However, by using lighter weights, you can accurately confine your workout to the targeted muscles. when you use heavier weights, more of the 'supporting muscles' will join in to be able to handle that heavier weight, and thus the exercise is less accurate / specific.
What you need is to get that painful 'burning-sensation' in the targeted muscle, and that can perfectly be achieved by using weights that are not too much heavy for that specific muscle. If the weight is heavier, the exercise is less specific. For getting the exact results that you want, your exercises need to be very accurate and specific.
Do you only train each muscle once a week or less?
Yes, and that is enough, but only if the workout is sufficiently intense (burning sensation)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brazilnuts wrote:This is a good site to visit for visuals on how to do popular weight bearing exercises: http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/bodyweig ... cises.html

:D
Actually, not a single one of my exercises are on that page.
Those workouts are not for sculpturing your body, but for making ALL muscles bigger (so that you will look more sturdy).
fictor

Post by fictor »

RRM, how many reps should I do?

I mean, when I do an exercise, after a while (maybe 10-20 reps) I feel
the 'burn'. Should I stop the moment I feel get the burning sensation, or
should I keep on doing more reps, stressing the muscle further?
Should I keep on until failure?

Thanks! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:RRM, how many reps should I do?
What you need is 'pain'; that burning sensation when you keep on exercising even as that muscle is tired and wants to stop; go on till its simply totally impossible to lift that weight another inch.
When you can make your muscles burn that much, then you have reached your goal. Just find the appropriate weight that allows you to do at least a few dozens of reps. If you feel no burning even after 50 reps, the weight was obviously too light.
when I do an exercise, after a while (maybe 10-20 reps) I feel
the 'burn'. Should I stop the moment I feel get the burning sensation, or
should I keep on doing more reps, stressing the muscle further?
Should I keep on until failure?
Ah, here you go... thats exactly what i meant to say; keep on going as long as its a tiny little bit possible.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Thanks RRM! :D
slea

Post by slea »

RRM,

How often do you do these workouts? Thanks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think he does them every day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, every day one exercise, so that the available protein is used optimally, and so that you can put maximum effort in making that specific muscle burn, without too much total effort.
finnishfiend

Post by finnishfiend »

Hey RRM. I'm curious, do you do the workouts in that order? Or is that just a list of workouts you came up with. For example, do you do the shoulder workouts all in a row? Or do you allow a couple of days in-between each different workout to let the shoulders rest?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

finnishfiend wrote:do you do the workouts in that order?
No. I always leave a minimum of 2 resting days in between exercising the same bodypart (eg shoulders).
Or is that just a list of workouts you came up with.
Yes.
Or do you allow a couple of days in-between each different workout to let the shoulders rest?
Exactly. Rest is at least as important as working out.
There was a (long) time (ago) that i worked out twice a day and took too little rest. I didnt make any progress anymore. Not until i started working out less vigorously, and schedules more rest in between, I started making progress again.
So, its about the proper balance between workout and rest. 2 days rest in between is minimum.
Dreamer

Re: RRM: Your work out plan?

Post by Dreamer »

Pullups are quite intensive, you can do 50 ;) ? Or do you use some support to make them easier?

What is your opinion on other body-weight exercises / calisthenics ? Do you ever do push ups etc?

Just wondering