fred's journal

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: fred's journal

Post by dime »

RRM wrote:not impossible, indeed... When i was hospitalized due to an accident, i was at my thinnest: 74 kg (height 1.90 m)
When i had sufficient time to (rest and) work out intensively on a daily basis, i was at my peak (regarding muscle volume) at 89 kg (and ripped).
There's a difference, you were at your thinnest, and for him (or me) the thin state is more like the norm.

E.g. I'm 73kg (height 1.90m), I workout daily and eat enough yet I'm hardly moving up from that weight. I haven't been past 73 for the last 2-3 years, so 75 already seems impossible, let alone 89 :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah, ok, i understand...
fred

Post by fred »

I have not eaten any fibres for 2 weeks now and the results are promising (although it needs to be confirmed on the long run) :
-I can now digest egg yolks without abdominal cramp, gas and diarrhoea. Even mixed with meat it goes almost fine.
-No more abdominal pain (even when I press my belly), much less gas in general.
-Better digestion in general

In my case, the fibres from fruits feed a bacterial colony that was the cause of my digestive troubles.

My diet is currently :
2L or more pure Orange juice. I don't mix it with olive oil because I don't like the taste and because it troubled my heart rhythm (as I drink juice all over the day). I will see if I can reintroduce some coconut fat with the juice.
Meat (including organs)+egg yolk+olive oil
Sometimes seafood
Homemade (ground dried meat mixed with tallow) "raw" pemmican when no fresh meat available (urgency food)

I probably eat too much protein and will try to adjust later.
I have been sick as hell (severe flue) during 3 weeks so I have lost some weight.
I am so cautious to not disturb my heart rhythm that I probably don't eat enough calorie to gain weight.

I have noticed that protein+fat goes well (less heart disturbance) while fruit juice+fat does not.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Interesting, please keep us updated.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

In my case, the fibres from fruits feed a bacterial colony that was the cause of my digestive troubles.
I also notice reacting much better on very well sieved orange juice, then on normal orange juice.
I think this is something specific for fibres in orange juice, that make people react bad on it.
Or maybe I'm reacting allergic to some protein in the fibres, I don't know.

I don't react bad on carrot fibre or psyllium fibre. Carrot fibre are able to make my stool worse, but I don't notice it directly.
fred

Post by fred »

2-3L of orange juice per day is way too much for me. I had pain in my eyes (blowed vein probably) and blurred vision. I already experienced these symptoms with a high fruit diet, so I am sure it is caused by too much sugar. No OJ during 1 day was enough to heal my eyes pain.

I can't eat egg yolks everyday : I feel exhausted right after eating 3 now. But I think I ate too much the days before (like 10)

I don't digest well hard fat attached to beef. Fat need to be liquid or emulsified. even tallow (melted beef fat) doesn't give me energy for now.

Coconut oil seems to give me a lot of energy.

Still loosing weight.

So I will try to keep my sugar medium/low (protein also need to stay lower), and increase my intake of easy to digest fat (coconut oil, olive oil, a few egg yolks per week, tallow and probably clarified butter).
fred

Post by fred »

I have done some blood glucose measures today (with a glucometer) and here are the results :

Fasting BG in the morning : 80 mg/dl
OJ+honey and 1 hour of moderate physical activity
10:40 : 104 mg/dl
OJ+honey
12:00 : Ground meat+mayonnaire
13:10 : 76 mg/dl
OJ+honey
15:18 : 118 mg/dl
OJ+honey
17:30 : meat+mayonnaire
19:25 : 88 md/dl

So I have a drop in my BG after I eat meat. I don't feel tired but it looks like small hypoglycemia.
I don't eat any sugar during more than 1 hour (generally 2-3 hours) after the meat intake, this may be the reason.
Or I eat too much meat at a time (200-400g) but the meat doesn't seem to support my BG via neoglucogenesis.

Is-it normal/healthy to experience these small BG swings?
Should I eat less meat at a time? or more fat?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thak you!
dime

Post by dime »

Those "BG swings" are perfectly normal. What if you eat some honey with the meat? I always eat some honey along, but only 150g meat at a time. No idea how BG changes though.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its because both protein and sugars stimulate insulin,
so that after a low sugar, high protein meal, the insulin (evoked by protein) takes out more sugar from your blood,
and your blood had not been replenished by your high protein meal.
Hence the drop in blood sugar after meat.
Neoglucogenesis comes after that.
fred

Post by fred »

Thank you for the explanation.
So the solution to reduce insulin and BG swings is too est less meat and eat sugary food sooner after the protein ?
dime

Post by dime »

I don't know, I just suggested to you to try and measure. I'm curious about the outcome.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:So the solution to reduce insulin and BG swings is too est less meat and eat sugary food sooner after the protein ?
Not to reduce insulin,
but yes, to avoid sugar lows as a result of a high protein meal.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
fred wrote:So the solution to reduce insulin and BG swings is too est less meat and eat sugary food sooner after the protein ?
Not to reduce insulin,
but yes, to avoid sugar lows as a result of a high protein meal.
Isn't there a direct correlation between BG and insulin? If BG is low, it means insulin is (was) high ? BG is high when insulin is low?
With less protein, insulin will be lower (and BG won't drop). Right ?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Isn't there a direct correlation between BG and insulin? If BG is low, it means insulin is (was) high ? BG is high when insulin is low?
I read that your insulin sensitivity plays a big role here. Some people need very much insulin to lower their BG and some need less insulin to lower their BG.
I read that is unhealthy to be insulin insensitive. As you body will need very much insulin to correct BG to the normal range.
With less protein, insulin will be lower (and BG won't drop). Right ?
But sugar also raises insulin. So if you replace protein for sugar, it doesn't matter that much regarding insulin.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly.